Thursday, April 19, 2007

Intruder Alert

Part 2 of "Maltharians in Space"

"Intruder Alert."

"Wha?"

"Intruder Alert."

"We've got problems."

"Yeah, no kidding. "

"What's this 'we'?"

"Intruder Alert."

"The WE in this detention cell."

"We're aboard a Tinari cruiser. What in the hell could board usunles it was something very bad?"

"Intruder Alert."

"Yeah, but they're not going to be coming after us."

"You're sure about that?"

"Hey, all I did was fall asleep at my post."

"Intruder Alert."

"Uh huh... and I 'just' missed chapel for the past month."

"What are you in for, Ensign?"

"I don't know."

"Intruder Alert."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Security picked me up coming off shift and told me that I was being detained until the Captain could question me."

"What did the old man want?"

"Intruder Alert."

"That's just it. He didn't ask me anything really. He just read my report from the mission to the ruins on the planet we hit a few days ago."

"That must have been some report."

"Quiet Jar. What -did- he ask?"

"I wish I could see down the hallway."

"Intruder Alert."

"Where're all of the Security Guards?"

"He asked if I saw Commander Ryn collect some artifacts from the ruins. I told him that I did and that it was all in my report."

"Sounds like he didn't want you to see that."

"Intruder Al..."

"What happened?"

"Emergency Power Engaged."

"Shit, now we're on back up power and back-up lights."

"All personnel should go to code beta."

"Oh shit."

'What does that mean?"

"Didn't you ever study your regs?"

"It means that everyone on board should arm themselves and prepare to defend the ship at all costs."

"What the HELL is going on out there."

"Hey, do you hear that?"

"It sounds like weapons fire."

"Yeah, probably on the deck ahead of us."

"Is that... screaming?"

"I'm getting out of here."

"How, the security field..."

"... has been disconnected when we went to emergency power."

"Escaping the brig is considered a capital offense. They shoot you for that."

"Yes, but whatever's invading the ship will probably shoot us before they can get to that."

"Jar, see what you can do."

"What were these ruins, Ensign?"

"I don't know Chief. I was just there to check for any available technology for R&D."

"Those shots are getting closer."

"Well then get your ass in gear, Jar."

"Aye Chief."

"Did you find anything?"

"No, just a high concentration of poly-obsidian compounds and residual nero-genic energy signatures."

"What?"

"Got it."

"Jar, can you hack into a weapons locker?"

"Sure Chief, why?"

"I know who's boarded the ship."

"Who?"

"Malthaians."

No comments: