Saturday, August 11, 2012

Collage: Owl

If you were to only use the face of this statue you could easily pick out the 'owl-ness' of the design. I like how it suggests the idea of an owl without saying it.

I like the concept of this design with the wings spread out so that there's an overall circular design. It suggests a connection between the owl and the moon, imo.

The design here looks interesting but is far too busy. I think I would remove all of the feathery bits in the body but keep the eyes and head. It pulls off 'owl' fairly well but as a stamp or design it would be way too hard to make this work IMO.


Great design - if only it was a front-on design it would be perfect.

This little guy is a charm but if you were take off the post at the top and maybe change the feet - there could be something there to work with.


I love the up-swept wings and the tail feathers are working for me as well. I would change the head as it looks almost 'impish' but this is definitely something to consider. I may try and mash things up with this one as a base.

A cool, if overly detailed owl-mask.

Wrong kind of owl but v. cool.


No comments: